Butter Bean and Potato Curry is perfect for cold winter nights. This vegetarian recipe is full of flavour.
- 2 Potatoes
- ¼ Cup Butter Beans
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Pods Garlic
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- A few Curry Leaves
- A few Coriander Leaves
- Add butter beans into a pressure cooker and cook for 15 minute until soft.
- Chop the onions into thin slices, tomato & garlic into small pieces.
- Heat a pot, heat oil then add the onions, garlic and curry leaves. Saute till the onions becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, red chilli powder and salt and saute until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add potato cubes and toss them well in the masala.
- Keep the flame in low and cook until potatoes soften.
- Add beans and half a cup of water, allow to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Finally add garam masala powder and coriander leaves and stir through.
- Serve with roti, naan or steamed basmati rice.