This Butter Chicken recipe is so easy to make – you wouldn’t mind it being requested time after time!
- 1 kg Chicken Breasts, Cubed
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- ½ cup Plain Yoghurt
- 1 Tbs Plain Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tbsp Ground Ginger and Grlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Green Cardamom Pods
- 3 Cloves
- 3-5 Chilies as per your heat preference
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 6 Tomatoes, Chopped or 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Fresh Cream
- Mix together all ingredients listed under marinade, add chicken, make sure chicken pieces are coated with marinade and set aside for an hour or overnight
- Let`s make the gravy. Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom, cloves, whole red chilies and garlic. Saute for a minute or so till fragrant. Add onions and saute on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Now add tomatoes and cook for 10 minute. Add almonds and cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes until tomatoes are cooked. Transfer to a blender or liquidiser or use a hand held stick blender to liquidise the gravy until smooth.
- Now for the chicken. In another pan, heat a tablespoon of oil. Add the chicken pieces and cook on all sides for 3-5 minutes, till light brown. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Transfer the puree back to the pan, add butter, chilli powder, salt and 1/4 cup water. Bring this to a boil. Reduce the flame to low, and cover and cook for 20. Add the chicken pieces and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the kasuri methi and fresh cream.
Serve with rice or naan.