The kids love making these with me and I love spending time with them in the kitchen. These delicious flapjacks can be dressed up or dressed down. Enjoy!
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more as needed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups milk, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the milk and vanilla.
- Melt the butter in a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium to medium-low heat.
- Whisk the butter into the milk mixture, add to the flour mixture, and whisk until a thick batter is just formed.
- Keeping the skillet at medium to medium low heat, ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet, to make a pancake. Make one or two more pancakes, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart. Cook, until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes, and the undersides are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook about 1 minute more on the second side. Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.