This delicious butter bean and potato curry is a firm favourite – quick to cook and very tasty!
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Fennel
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Green Cardamom Pods, Cracked Open
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Can Chopped Tomato
- Salt to Taste
- 3 Cups Boiled Red Kidney Beans or 2 Cans
- ½ Head Cauliflower and Broccoli Florets
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Handful Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and fry, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Stir in cinnamon, bay leaf, garlic, ginger, fennel, cumin, and cardamom and fry, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala and fry, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and stir in serrano chile, salt, kidney beans, cauliflower, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and liquid has thickened into a velvety-looking sauce (add more water if necessary).
- Stir in lemon juice and cilantro.
- Serve hot over brown rice, with plain yogurt on the side if you like.