This delicious seafood pasta is easy to make and so versatile.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 Tomatoes pureed in a blender or food processor
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 g spaghetti
- 750 g seafood mix + 500 gram prawn meat
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 cup of cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the chilli flakes , then add the pureed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until sauce has just started to thicken. Stir in the butter, then remove the sauce from the heat.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Flash fry all the seafood and add to pasta sauce. Cook for 4 minutes. Add cream, stir through and cook for a further 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add spaghetti. Toss to coat everything with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!