Full of flavour and easy to make, you’ll love these Vegetable Noodles with Thai Chilli Paste (Nam Prik Pao)
- Egg Noodles
- Vegetables of your choice ( I used carrots, baby marrow, purple cabbage, cauliflower, mixed peppers and onion)
- Nuts of your choice – I used chashews
- Nam Prik pao
- 8 dry chillies
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Half an large onion
- 1 table spoon honey or sugar
- Seasame oil
- Boil noodles – I did not like the colour of the noodles so i added a dash of egg yellow food colouring to the water
- Drain before it gets too soft.
- Place onion and garlic in an oven pan and roast for 5 to 8 mins or dry roast on a pan on on the stove top.
- Allow to char and in the last 2 mins add in the dry chillies to toast slightly
- Remove from stove and either using a stick blender or mortar and pestle, crush the garlic, onion and dry chillies.
- Add some oil to a pan and fry the above mixture. It will darken. At this point add salt to taste and honey or sugar.
- Please taste now and adjust sugar. If you would like a slight tang, add some imli- tamarind. I didn’t today but often do.
- Continue to to fry for a few minutes thereafter remove from stove. Keep aside
You can make extra paste, add abit more oil and refrigerate. It can last for a couple of weeks in the fridge. Used in anything you like.
- In a pan, add all.
- As all my veg were finely sliced, I added it all at once to the pan.
- Medium heat, fry for 5 to 7 mins. Cook as little as possible as you want the veg to retain colour and crunch
- Add in boiled noodles, stir.
- Add in a few spoons of paste ( please taste the paste before adding to thr stir fry as if too hot you can adjust with some tomato sauce and sugar)
- Stir, add black pepper
- Add in cashews just before removing off heat.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped spring onion or baby leeks or basil
- Optional – small sprinkle of thill/ sesame seeds.